Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel (AESS) - Part 1, CISC Guide Webinar // SELF-PACED Learning
- Date Du Cours: juil. 14, 2014 - déc. 31, 2017
- Temps Du Cours: 1:30 - 2:30
- Après: 15 avr. 2014
- ICCA Membres Prix: 160,00 $ - non-membres: 160,00 $
* Des réductions supplémentaires de 25% pour les Associés éducation et 10% pour les groupes membres de 5 ou plus sont présentés à l'inscription.
DESCRIPTION DU COURS
REGISTER FOR ALL 5 AESS WEBINAR RECORDINGS AND SAVE 25%. OFFER AVAILABLE AT REGISTRATION.
This learning method includes access to the recording for one month, all distributed material and a complimentary copy of CISC Guide for Specifying Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel, 2nd Edition.
Allow 1 business day to receive access to the recording and course material.
0.15 CEUs - (Upon receiving a 70% or higher grade on the quiz) - (For Registered Participants Only)
This Webinar serves to introduce the new CISC suite of AESS documents on the Design and Specification of Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel, with specific focus on the new CISC Matrix, categories of AESS and the visual Guide to assist Architects and Engineers in specifying AESS. The idea behind the Matrix and Guide are to provide the means to differentiate the expectations for finish and detailing of the final product, and assist in clearing the communication paths between the architect, engineer and fabricator.
The presentation focuses on walking the participants through the documents, with emphasis on the Matrix and Illustrated Guide. The Webinar will describe in detail the different Characteristics of design and fabrication that are associated with the new AESS Categories. As the Categories were developed in response to Form, Fit and Finish, the Webinar will look at the associated issues of welded versus bolted detailing, the importance of distance to view and the impact of finish selection on the appropriate detailing of the project. The content will also address other issues associated with finishes (paint, intumescent coatings, galvanizing) and handling, as well as the incorporation of curved members and other specialty products.
• 1. Participants would be familiar with the new CISC AESS Documents
• 2. Participants will become familiar with the different methods of finishing AESS materials
• 3. Participants will be able to differentiate amongst the distinct categories of AESS and relate these to visual built examples (as demonstrated in the talk)
• 4. Participants will gain design ideas for connection methods for AESS projects.
Who would benefit?
• Engineers, technologists and technicians involved in design with AESS
• Architects and technologists involved in design with AESS
• Educators involved in teaching steel design to either an Architectural or Engineering body of students
The Webinar will be highly visual and include many examples from recent projects in Canada and around the World.