Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel (AESS) - Part 2, Applied Webinar // Online SELF-PACED Learning
- Date Du Cours: juil. 14, 2014 - déc. 31, 2017
- Temps Du Cours: 1:30 - 2:30
- Après: 15 avr. 2014
- ICCA Membres Prix: 160,00 $ - non-membres: 160,00 $
* Des réductions supplémentaires de 25% pour les Associés éducation et 10% pour les groupes membres de 5 ou plus sont présentés à l'inscription.
DESCRIPTION DU COURS
REGISTER FOR ALL 5 AESS WEBINAR RECORDINGS AND SAVE 25%. OFFER AVAILABLE AT REGISTRATION.
This learning method includes access to the recording for one month and all distributed material.
Allow 1 business day to receive access to the recordings and course material.
0.15 CEUs - (Upon receiving a 70% or higher grade on the quiz) - (For Registered Participants Only)
Architectural applications of steel structures have truly stretched all aspects of the industry during the last 20 years. The rectilinear buildings of the Modern Movement have given way to innovative structures using Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel, challenge architects, engineers and fabricators to work together to design structures that showcase diagrids, tension systems, curved steel and castings. These new uses of steel require a different approach to design, one that is reflected in recently established AESS document series created by CISC (The Canadian Institute of Steel Construction) and the speaker’s recent book “Understanding Steel Design: An Architectural Design Manual”. This Webinar Recording looks at the application of the CISC AESS Category system to a survey of prominent, innovative AESS structures, with a focus on detailing and connection strategies as well as best practices for use of the system during bidding, and construction.
Who would benefit?
• Engineers, technologists and technicians involved in design with AESS
• Architects and technologists involved in design with AESS
• Educators involved in teaching steel design to either an Architectural or Engineering body of students
The Webinar Recording is highly visual and include many examples from recent projects in Canada and around the World.